Do you wish you could change the color of your teeth from dull to a brighter white? Do yellowed teeth have you hiding your smile? The good news is that teeth whitening is an effective way to brighten and whiten your teeth and improve your confidence in your appearance.
Tooth discoloration is a common dental condition that occurs for a number of reasons. Over time, your enamel can become stained from coffee and tea drinking, certain medications and aging. Teeth whitening treatments, however, can lift these stains and whiten your teeth up to 7 shades lighter.
While there are over-the-counter teeth whitening kits, in-office treatments have benefits, such as:
- Safety — Professional teeth whitening can safely apply the bleaching solution so it does not harm your gums.
- Fast results — Within an hour, you can walk out of our office with a transformed smile. With a higher percentage of peroxide combined with LED light technology, professional teeth whitening gives you immediate results.
- Comfort — For those with tooth or gum sensitivity, professional teeth whitening is your best option due to the controlled process.
The Teeth Whitening Process
- Your dentist will first remove any plaque from the surface of your teeth.
- Soft tissue in your mouth will be protected with a gauze so that the bleaching solution does not affect the gums, inside of the cheek, or lips.
- The teeth are then coated with the whitening solution, which typically contains hydrogen peroxide. The entire process lasts about 60 minutes.
If you are in the 20012 area of Washington, D.C., and you would like to achieve a more confident, whiter and brighter smile, please call our office to schedule a consultation. You deserve a smile you can be happy about and we are here to help you achieve the best results possible.